Timeline of Activities
2017 Annual Ethics Report
- 12 December 2010: President’s Message- The Obama Administration’s Commitment to Scientific Integrity (Mike McPhaden).
- 5 December 2011: Town hall session at AGU 2011 Fall Meeting to report on task force activities and invite discussion from interested parties.
- 21 November 2011: Email email@example.com established.
- 21 February 2012: Press release: AGU Encourages Integrity in all Aspects of Climate Change Discourse.
- 21 February 2012: Linda Gundersen of the Office of Science Quality and Integrity at the USGS named chair of task force.
- 27 February 2012: President’s message- We must remain committed to scientific integrity (Mike McPhaden).
- Opened lines of communication with key interests within AGU membership to ensure task force recommendations consider their unique concerns.
- Collaboration with key interests within AGU membership has been initiated to ensure consistent language and definitions used in recommendations.
- 2 August 2012: Task force has completed draft policy document.
- 10 August to 10 September 2012: Phase 1: Internal review and comment period.
- September 2012: Letter from task force chair Linda Gundersen published in volume 3, issue 3 of The Red Arrow.
- 25 September 2012: Eos article written by task force chair Linda Gundersen published.
- 25 September to 25 October 2012: Phase 2: Member review and comment period.
- 1 December 2012: Task force chair Linda Gundersen and Billy Williams present the task force report to the AGU Board and Council.
- 5 December 2012: Town hall session at AGU 2012 Fall Meeting.